Monday, February 23, 2009

Yoga

If you have never been to a yoga or pilates class I would recommend going to both. Don't just go once and decide you don't like it, make sure you try them both at least twice. I say this because you need to try them both out with different teachers/instructors. My first time to pilates I loved it and then i went back and it was a different teacher and it wasn't very good. So make sure you try out different styles. Yoga can change your life in more ways than just physically. One great thing I learned from yoga is how inflexible I really am. I had no idea that the muscles in my right leg were so much tighter than the ones in my left. And, after analyzing every movement possible, I have come to the conclusion that the tightness of the muscles in my right leg are a huge reason for the problems in my right knee. I might be able to save myself a lot of money from not having knee surgery if I continue to stretch my right leg muscles more. So, you could say that going to yoga class saved me from knee surgery. I might just go get some yoga pants and continue doing yoga.

3 comments:

Trent and Steph said...

I tried the yoga and pilates classes at Gold's within the past two weeks. I actually LOVE yoga and I think I could love pilates if I put the time into it. It was really difficult for me. I didn't realize how much muscle I don't have until I did that class. I tell you what though...my abs killed after.

Expert said...

Isn't it weird how you don't realize that. All these old women can hold poses longer than me because my muscles get tired, it makes me feel weaker than an old woman

Rachel Adventure said...

I miss yoga.... and a gym on that note...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones